Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake
Not a cupcake…..the plum color is so eye-catching, I couldn’t resist. Similar to my favorite color – lavender/purple. Cheesecake looks too good to eat!
The cheesecake is gluten-free, dairy-free, & egg-free. Hard to believe. The recipe makes a small cheesecake (12 cm/5 inches) serving 4; however, it would only serve 2 in our household. You could double the recipe for a larger family.
The crust is made out of dates and almonds – so that’s how it becomes a no-bake. You will need 2 days to prepare to make. The cashew nuts have to be soaked overnight. (If don’t want to wait, you can soak cashews for an hour in very hot water.) Still plan on making in the morning. You will have to freeze the cheesecake for 4 hours before serving and decorating.
Read The Recipe Below And Let Us Know What You Think!
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup almonds
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup cashew nuts, soaked in water overnight then drained*
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest from 1 small lemon
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (full fat)
- 1-3 tbsp maple syrup (to taste)
- 1/4 cup (25 g) fresh or frozen (but thawed) blueberries
- Freeze dried blueberry powder
- Fresh blueberries
- Shredded coconut
- Edible flowers (optional – have to be careful with edible flowers – make sure you know what you are picking before eating) (use them for decorating around the cheesecake instead)
- Soak the dates in warm water for 15 minutes then drain. Put almonds in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add the dates and salt and pulse until a paste forms.
- Press mixture into a 5-inch springform pan (no springform pan, use a pie tin or a regular cake pan covered with parchment paper). Put the pan in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- Place all ingredients for the filling in a blender and mix until smooth as possible. Pour the filling into the crust, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan & let slightly thaw in room temperature (10-15 minutes) before cutting. Garnish with freeze dried blueberry powder, fresh blueberries, shredded coconut and edible flowers (or decorate). (May place knife under warm water, dry off before slicing for a neater cut). May let each piece thaw (few minutes) before serving.
Credit: Call-Me-Cupcake.blogspot.com/Recipe adapted from Sift & whisk
Special Thanks To Linda Lomelino For Post & Recipe. All Image Screenshots From Posting.