Perfect Moist Fluffy Vanilla Cupcakes
Have you ever made a vanilla cake that was dry? I have. There is more than one secret for a moist & fluffy cake. Sometimes your flour is too old or eggs not fresh enough. Perfect Moist Fluffy Vanilla Cupcakes only uses regular all-purpose flour instead of cake flour.
Cake flour is a finer flour containing less protein content (which becomes gluten) than all-purpose flour. When baking cakes, I have noticed with all-purpose flour my cakes seem slightly higher. Sometimes I don’t sift (Oh no! I know it’s a no no in the baking world).
All-purpose flour is great for classic cupcake, pound cake, & chocolate cake recipes. If you use all-purpose flour in a recipe that contains cake flour, you may end up with a very touch cake. So if you don’t have cake flour at home or can’t find it, use this substitution:
- 1 cup cake flour ( 3 3/4 ounce) = 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (3 3/8 ounces)
- Plus 2 tablespoons of cornstarch (5/8 ounces)
“Recent Visitors Visited These Yummy Recipes”
Perfect Moist Fluffy Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe
Servings: 12-14 cupcakes
- 1 2/3 cups (240g) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup salted butter (170g), room temperature
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120ml) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (120ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (115g) butter
- 1/2 cup (95g) shortening
- 4 cups (480g) powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp (30-45ml) water or cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: Multi-colored sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add butter, egg whites, vanilla, sour cream and milk and mix on medium speed just until smooth. Do not over mix.
4. Fill cupcake liners a little more than half way.
5. Bake 18-20 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
1. Combine butter and shortening and mix until smooth.
2. Add 2 cups of powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
3. Add vanilla extract and 1-2 tbsp of water or cream and mix until smooth.
4. Add remaining powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
5. Add a little more water or cream until desired consistency is reached.
6. Top cupcakes with icing. Optional: Top with multi-colored sprinkles
Note: You may notice little bits of butter in the batter, but that’s ok. They will melt into the cupcake as they bake.
Check Out The Original Source For This Recipe And Photographs As Well As Other Delicious Recipes at Life Love And Sugar. Special Thanks!