Halloween Hooting Owls
Make these for a Halloween party or birthday party. Make even Christmas cupcakes out of them. A fun recipe to do with kids.
Boy and girls will have a fabulous time decorating these Halloween Hooting Owls. Butter and eggs make these cupcakes really fluffy. Add 1 tbsp of cocoa powder to the buttercream icing….makes icing more delicious.
In a rush, use Betty Crocker chocolate frosting instead.
“Recent Visitors Also Visited These Recipes!”
Halloween Hooting Owls Recipe
- 280g butter, softened
- 280g golden caster sugar
- 200g self-raising flour, minus 1 rounded tbsp
- 1 rounded tbsp cocoa powder
- 6 medium eggs
Icing And Decoration Ingredients
- 200g butter, softened
- 280g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tube orange ready-to-use
- 1 small bag Maltesers
- 1 tube choco M&Ms minis
(use just the brown sweets)
or Cadbury’s mini buttons
- 1 tub jelly diamonds (just the
Hooting Halloween owls
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with brown muffin cases.
- Beat the first 5 ingredients to a smooth batter and spoon between the cases, almost filling them to the top. You may have a little left over.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until risen and spongy.
- Cool on a rack.
- Beat the butter and icing sugar until smooth.
- Slice off the very tops of the cakes and cut each piece in half.
- Spread a generous layer of icing over each cake.
- Working on one cake at a time, squirt a pea-sized blob of orange icing onto two Maltesers and use to fix a brown M&M on each.
- Sit the eyes, two pieces of cake top (curved edge up) and a jelly diamond on the icing to make an owl.
Click here for printable recipe.
Special Thanks To Good Food Magazine For Recipe Posting & Image Screenshots.