Halloween is just around the corner. These effortless desserts are so easy & your guests/family will think you took all day to make them.
Jenny uses a scratch cupcake mix. You can use a cake mix from Duncan Hines or Better Crocker. No matter if made from scratch or not……….they are going to look so cute!
Once your guests/family take a bite into them…..what a surprise! No worries….it’s a gooey, tangy-sweet slime. Mouths will pucker with pleasure.
Recipe makes 12 cupcakes. Double the recipe for 24.
Watch Jenny Make These Simple Mummy Cupcakes
Lime Slime – Filled Mummy Cupcakes
- 125g (1 cup) self-raising flour (sifted)
- 125g (1 cup) caster sugar (sifted – very fine sugar)
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda (sifted)
- 130g (1 stick + 1 tsp) soft unsalted butter (room temperature helps)
- 2 large eggs
- zest of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tbsp milk
Ectoplasmic Lime Slime Ingredients:
- 110g (1/2 cup) caster sugar (very fine sugar)
- zest of 1 lime
- 110ml (2 tbsp)lime juice
- 2 large eggs
- 5 egg yolks
- Your choice of buttercream (a small amount), coloured black (Any kind will do – homemade or scratch)
- A fist-sized amount of white sugar paste (fondant)
- A small amour of yellow sugar paste (fondant)
- A tiny amount of black sugar paste (fondant)
Other Needed Materials:
- Corn flour (Keeps sugar paste/fondant from sticking)
- Rolling pin
- Fine grater
- Hand-juicer with container
- Muffin tin
- Cupcake liners
- Apple corer or small kitchen tool to core out center of cupcake
- Disposable piping bag
- Alcohol/vodka (Water will work – alcohol evaporates faster) & a tiny pastry brush/paint brush
Special Thanks To Cupcake Jemma/1Cupcake For Video Recipe & Posting. Image Screenshots from Video.