Chocolate Mini-Marshmallow Cookie Bars
During the winter months, one of my favorite sweet treats is S’mores. My family and friends love to gather around the fire and roast marshmallows. Sometimes I get desperate and microwave the graham cracker, marshmallow, and chocolate together. Yeah, if there is any graham crackers in the cabinet, I got have one. They don’t travel well and we don’t always have a campfire going. So…..Chocolate Min-Marshmallow Cookie Bars to the rescue.
Chocolate Mini-Marshmallow Cookie Bars is another favorite recipe for the kids and me. It’s a way to get the same taste without making a delicious, gooey mess. These bars are great for taking to school programs, church, and family get togethers.
“Recent Visitors Visited These Yummy Recipes”
I have used marshmallow creme, but it just doesn’t get it. I mean when I’m baking, I sneak a snack. I can grab a handful of min-marshmallows and down the hatch. Of course, if the kids see me……..I gotta share. Usually I have to buy an extra bag for snacking.
Chocolate Mini-Marshmallow Cookie Bars Recipe
Servings: 16 bars
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (room temperature)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows plus a few extra for the top
- 1 regular sized milk chocolate Hershey Bar
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
- Line a 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper. Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Place in bottom of prepared pan and press down to form a crust.
- Cream 1/2 cup softened butter, add in sugars and cream again till fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla. Mix again.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt, then add to butter mixture. Once all combined, fold in chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Spoon Cookie dough on top of cookie crust as evenly as possible. Dough will spread as it cooks to fill in any gaps.
- Bake at 350 degrees F oven for about 20 minutes.
- While bars are cooking, break candy bar into sections and place in freezer.
- 8-10 minutes before bar is done cooking, sprinkle remaining marshmallows on top, just to decorate.
- Return to baking for remaining time. Remove pan from oven and carefully place broken candy bar pieces on top. Try not to move pieces once you place them.
- Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes 16 bars.
Recipe adapted from Chocolate Chocolate and More.
Special Thanks To Chocolate Chocolate and More for Recipe Posting & Image Screenshots.