Special Creamy Chocolate Cake
A simple, elegant chocolate cake for serious bakers …..takes a little planning to pull it off. Vanilla filling breaks up the chocolate flavor just enough to savor.
Whether you are planning a special occasion such as a bridal shower, anniversary party, or retirement party, this Special Creamy Chocolate Cake recipe will be the showcase of any dessert table.
Very creamy and different. Not your everyday cake. Bake this cake for someone special.
Special Creamy Chocolate Cake Recipe
For Crispy crust:
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 150 g. (5.5 oz) sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 50 g. (1.75 oz) butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 350 g. (12 oz) flour
- 5 dl. (2.1 cups) Milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch (corn flour)
- 120 g. (4.5 oz) sugar
- 5 g. (0.12 oz) vanilla sugar
- 200 g. (7 oz) butter
- All ingredients except flour and cocoa, mix by hand in a saucepan with a thick bottom and put to boil on medium heat. Cook over low heat, several minutes, stirring constantly. Mixture will get the volume and will be foamy.
- Remove from heat, add the cocoa and stir, and then add the flour. Take a wire whisk and dough mixture. Shape the roll and cut into 4 equal parts. Leave dough to cool.
- These crusts should attenuate thinly and bake for a few minutes at the back of the pan.
- Do it so that the dough pulls out directly on the pan in which to bake, sprinkle with flour and dough easily develops. The dimensions are 20×30 cm. Bake at 180 Celsius degrees (350 F) about 7 minutes.
- Immediately when the crust is removed, if there is excess dough, cut a bit off from the side, with long knife, gently separate the crust from pan and let it slide on the table.
- As soon as it cools down it will become crisp. The rest of the crumbs which has little to shelter pan, sprinkle with flour again and do the same procedure for the next crust.
- Mix the eggs, 3 tablespoons sugar, flour, cornstarch (corn flour) and vanilla sugar. Milk and rest of sugar put to boil. Cook fill a few minutes on medium heat stirring occasionally.
- Cover the fill with nylon foil, that is not catching the crust and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Put foil directly on the hot filling, it will not stick, when filling is cooled is easily removed and does not create water droplets from evaporating.
- Whisk the butter foamy and mix with cooled. Leave fill for 1 hour in the fridge, then fill the crusts.
- Leave filled cake overnight in the fridge to soften the crusts and to be united tastes.
- Sprinkle cocoa or cover with chocolate glaze. The picture is with chocolate glaze:
For Chocolate Glaze:
- 75 g. (2.75 oz) semi-sweet chocolate
- 50 ml. (0.2 cup) sweet milk cream
- 1 cube (1 stick = 1/2 cup or 8 tablespoons) of butter
Directions For Chocolate Glaze:
- All melt together, stir and cool down a bit, after a minute or two, pour over cake.