The moon picks were started by drawing a circle on parchment paper….Sheryl used a cookie cutter to make the circles. To make the yellow moon adhere to the lollipop stick just had more melted yellow candy on top to seal.
Pumpkin Spice Pudding Halloween Cupcakes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 – 3.4 ounce pumpkin spice pudding mix
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup apple cider
- Optional: black and yellow candy melts, sprinkles, small lollipop sticks cupcake picks
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 24 cupcake wells with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, sugar and pudding mix.
- Whisk together.
- Add the oil, eggs and cider.
- Mix on medium 2 minutes or until well combined and creamy.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
- Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
For the Moons:
- Measure your pick to determine how big your moon should be. I used a biscuit cutter.
- Trace circles on a piece of parchment paper.
- Turn over and tape to a cookie sheet.
- Melt yellow candy melts. Either put the melted candy in a squirt bottle on a zip top bag with the corner cut off.
- Trace around the line first and then fill in. ( to help cover the unevenness of the candy I added yellow sugar sprinkles.
- Put in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Once the moons are hard shake off any excess sugar sprinkles.
- Place back on the covered cookie sheet.
- Turn the moons over.
- Dip small lollipop sticks in more yellow melted candy and lay in the center on the back side of the moon.
- Put back in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Melt black candy melts.
- Dip cooled cupcakes in the melted candy and then directly into the colored sugar sprinkles.
- Immediately add the moon and then the cat pick.
Special Thanks To Sheryl – LadyBehindTheCurtain for Recipe Posting & Image Screenshots.