S’MORES INSPIRED CUPCAKES WILL BLOW YOUR MIND
Bring together gooey marshmallows and chocolate with graham crackers to make an amazing cupcakes. You are going to love them. Share with family and friends while enjoying a cookout!
If you buy large marshmallows, you can melt them over the fire to get your taste buds started.
Makes 24 chocolatey gooey cupcakes with mainly store brought ingredients!
S’MORES CUPCAKES RECIPE
1½ cups crushed graham crackers
¼ cup sugar
5 Tbsp butter, melted
5-6 full sized Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bars (1.55 oz each – the more the better)
2 cups mini marshmallows, for garnish
Marshmallow Buttercream Icing (Double The Batch)
½ cup butter room temp
1 cup Marshmallow Fluff (Jet-Puffed for example)
2 cups powdered sugar
2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners, 24 cupcakes.
- In a medium bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar. Drop tablespoon amount of graham cracker mixture into each liner and press down to form crust.
- Bake the crusts for 5 minutes and transfer to wire rack.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Fill liners ⅔ full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until cupcakes are set.
- Break Hershey’s bars into small pieces and melt in microwave, 30 seconds on 50% power, stirring after every 30 seconds. Repeat until melted.
- Spoon a tablespoon amount of chocolate on top of each cupcake, spreading to cover.
- Chill cupcakes in fridge until chocolate is set.
Make the Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting – double batch
- Mix butter and Fluff until smooth on medium speed until smooth.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar with mixer on low.
- Add in milk and turn speed up to medium and mix until all combined and smooth.
Marshmallow Topping Instructions:
- When chocolate is set, frost cupcakes.
- Drizzle with remaining chocolate, if desired. (you might need to reheat).
- To toast marshmallows, spread marshmallows on a baking sheet. Turn oven to broil.
- When oven is ready, place baking sheet on top rack.
- Toast marshmallows under broiler for 15 SECONDS. They toast VERY quickly, so stay close.
- Remove from oven and garnish cupcakes.
Special Thanks To Shelly (Cookiesandcups.com) For Recipe. All Image Screenshots From Posting.