Magic Butterscotch 7-Layer Cupcakes
These Magic Butterscotch 7-Layer Cupcakes have a lot of ingredients & fill up the liners quickly. Make sure you divide the batter evenly. If you are not a fan of all the ingredients, feel free to leave some out. Use dark-colored liners because the cupcakes could leave grease marks coming thru. You’ll have to keep your fingers out of the frosting, cause it is so sweet & addicting.
What’s so magic about these cupcakes is they are similar to the Seven Layer Bars, Hello Dolly Bars, or Magic Bars. You know the ones layered with butterscotch, chocolate, coconut, sweetened condensed milk, & nuts topping a buttery graham cracker crust. Folks are always dolling them up with other layers such as juicy apples & cinnamon or pumpkin, or white chocolate instead.
Of course the most important layer is sweetened condensed milk. It’s cow’s milk where the water has been removed & sugar has been added. Making it a sweet tasting liquid/syrup. Leave it sitting too long, you might end up with a caramelized-looking syrup.
“Recent Visitors Visited These Yummy Recipes”
Magic Butterscotch 7-Layer Cupcakes Recipe
Servings: 18-20 cupcakes
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients on back of box
- 1 small box instant butterscotch pudding mix
- ¾ cup miniature marshmallow bits, divided
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ⅔ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (32 oz) bag powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 muffin pans with about 18-20 paper liners; set aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare the cake mix according to package directions. Stir in the butterscotch pudding mix to combine. Lastly, add in ½ of the marshmallow bits, ½ of the mini chocolate chips, ½ of the graham cracker crumbs and ½ of the chopped pecans, stirring to blend.
- Divide batter evenly among liners and bake until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the softened butter, vanilla extract and sweetened condensed milk until creamy, about 2 minutes. Gradually begin adding powdered sugar, about a cup at a time, until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Gently mix in the remaining graham cracker crumbs, marshmallow bits, miniature chips and coconut.
- Pipe the frosting (using a very large round tip or else your tip will be clogged) high onto the cooled cupcakes; garnish with a couple of butterscotch chips.
Check Out The Original Source For This Recipe And Helpful Tips As Well As Many Other Delicious Recipes At The Domestic Rebel. Special Thanks!