Homemade Funfetti Sprinkles Vanilla Cupcakes
All I can say about these cupcakes is Yum! Yum! Yum! Homemade Funfetti Sprinkles Vanilla Cupcakes recipe is made with real ingredients such as whole eggs and milk. My family loves these.
“Recent Visitors Visited These Yummy Recipes”
They are perfect for birthdays and school events. I love being able to make these homemade instead of from a funfetti cake box. Don’t get wrong. Sometimes I have the time to make cakes from scratch. Those are the days I really appreciate my mamma’s and grandmother’s cooking.
I remember my grandmother just taking a huge bowl of flour and adding butter in the middle with her hands. She would mix it up in a circular movement until blended. She gradually added milk and eggs. Her cakes were always delicious no matter how they looked. Heaven!
Homemade Funfetti Sprinkles Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1¾ cups granulated sugar
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temp – cut into ½-inch cubes)
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup rainbow sprinkles plus more for decorating
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting Ingredients:
- 2 cups unsalted butter (room temp)
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Rainbow sprinkles for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line cupcake pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl; sift dry ingredients. Blend dry ingredients with butter, a few cubes at a time, continuing until all the butter has been added and the mixture resembles coarse sand.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl between additions.
- Slowly pour in the milk and vanilla and mix until combined. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes, until batter is smooth, scraping the sides of bowl as needed.
- Fold in sprinkles and fill paper liners 2/3 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the centers are set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Place on wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting Directions:
- In a medium bowl, beat butter on medium-high speed for 5 minutes, stopping to scrape the bowl as needed.
- Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the powdered sugar until incorporated.
- Mix in vanilla then increase the speed to medium-high until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes, scraping the bowl as needed.
- Frost the cupcakes as desired. (I used the Ateco #808 decorating tip) and garnish with additional sprinkles.
Tip: Use a Ateco #808 decorating tip to create swirled frosting.
Adapted from Cookies And Cups.
Special Thanks To Brown Eyed Baker For Image Screenshot.