Winning Cake Treat
Blue Ribbon made an ice cream called Golden Gaytime a few months ago. Blue Ribbon has not duplicated it on a stick; however, they put it in a tub. So grab a spoon & treat yourself to this classic ice cream delight.
Photo Credit: DailyMail
Golden Gaytime (Cookie Crumble in New Zealand) is a popular ice cream made in Australia. The ice cream on a stick has been around since 1959. This is some good ice cream.
The original ice cream bar contains toffee & vanilla ice-cream dipped in chocolate & covered with honeycomb biscuits. Yum!
Photo Credit: Tinman’s Treats
Golden Gaytime Cake Recipe
Butter Cake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 150g salted butter, chopped and softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs (room temp)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup milk (or buttermilk)
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
2. Grease the cake tin.
3. Combine self raising flour and plain flour in a bowl.
4. Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla together in a large bowl with electric mixer on low speed.
5. Increase speed to medium once the sugar is incorporated. Beat the mixture until it is pale and creamy (about five minutes).
6. Add the first egg to the butter mixture and beat on medium speed for about one minute. Repeat with the second egg, then third egg.
Where would we be without caramel? Image: Tinman’s Treats.
7. Add the sour cream and beat until just combined (about 10 seconds).
8. Sift half the combined flours over the butter mixture. Add half the milk and, with the machine on very low speed, beat for about 10 seconds until just incorporated.
9. Add the remaining milk and sift in the remaining flour and beat, on very low speed, for 5-10 seconds to combine the ingredients. Stop beating as soon as the ingredients are combined.
10. Spoon mixture into the prepared pans and smooth the surface with a spatula.
11. Bake cakes for about 35-40 mins.
12. Place pan on a wire rack. When cake has completely cooled, remove from pan.
Caramel Buttercream Recipe (Cheating way)
- 115g butter, softened
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 4 tablespoons Top n Fill caramel (Nestle Ready To Use – Top ‘n’ Fill in a can)
1. Beat butter in bowl with electric mixer until pale; add caramel and beat until combined.
2. Bat in sifted icing sugar, and in two batches.
3. If the mixture is too stiff add 1 – 2 tbsp of milk to soften.
Chocolate Buttercream Icing
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar (240g)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1. Beat butter in bowl with electric mixer until pale;
2. Beat in sifted icing sugar, milk and chocolate in two batches.
Photo Credit: Tinman’s Treats
Cookie Crumbling Instructions
- 1 Packet of Malt-O-Milk biscuits
1. Roughly cut up ¾ packet of the biscuits.
2. Place the crumbs directly on the cake.
Special Thanks To Tinman’s Treat – Matilda Rudd/TheMotherish For Recipe Posting.
Special Thanks to Tinman’s Treats for Image Screenshots.