Mint Lemonade Cupcake
Cupcakes packed with a nice combo of flavours!! Very creative & unique cupcakes with a splash of lovely color.
You want to make these cupcakes even on a day you decide to be lazy because you will make something so yummy and beautiful with a refreshing taste as Mint Lemonade Cupcakes.
Perfect for a cloudy, rainy day….they are so cute. Great cupcake to serve with coffee on a weekend spent with friends & family. Awesome fellowship cupcakes to share.
Mint Lemonade Cupcake Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¾ cup butter unsalted
- 4 large eggs ( room Temp )
- 1 C whole milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp mint extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 ½ tea baking powder
- ½ tea salt
- ½ tea vanilla extract
- Using a stand mixer or hand held , cream the butter and sugar.
- Once mixture is thoroughly mixed, add the vanilla extract then add eggs in one at a time.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt
- Using a third bowl alternate adding the dry mixture to the eggs, butter, and sugar with the wet ingredients milk and sour cream.
- Add lemon zest Bake cupcakes 18-20 minutes on a pre-heated over at 350’
- Let cupcakes cool to room temp. before frosting
Lemon Buttercream Frosting
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup/ 2 sticks butter ( room temp )
- 1 bar cream cheese ( room temp )
- Zest of one lemon Juice of one lemon
- Add butter, cream cheese, Lemon juice, and zest
- Slowly begin to add powdered sugar, one cup at a time
- Mix until thoroughly incorporated
Special Thanks To Tammilee – TammileeTips For Recipe Posting & Image Screenshots.