Cotton Candy Cupcakes
Love sticky, yummy sugary cotton candy. Brings out memories of the good ole days at the fairgrounds when you walked around and tried not to get it in your hair. Enjoyed every bite!
Cotton Candy Cupcakes recipe is easy to make. All you have to do is purchase the cotton candy already made. One individual purchased the Dunkin Hines Frosting Creation Flavor Mix Cotton Candy and remarked it didn’t taste like cotton candy. The recipe author used Lorann cotton candy flavor; however, also felt like she would use a different brand next time.
Another individual suggested using the actual cotton candy. Add a half ounce to speckle throughout your cupcakes then for your frosting melt the rest with the buttercream & turn it into a liquid form to flavor your frosting. Recipe author remarked great idea except you may end up with a swiss meringue style frosting.
Tip: To keep your buttercream frosting smooth and fluffy – (for example, when using 2 sticks of butter – must be at room temperature & beat for exactly 5 minutes. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time (for 3 cups total) & beat 2 minutes in between each cup.)
“Recent Visitors Also Visited These Delicious Recipes”
Cotton Candy Cupcakes Recipe
Yield: 12 cupcakes
- 3/4 cup (107g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (100g) cake flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp (194g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 3 Tbsp milk (105 ml) (anything but skim)
- Cotton candy + Lollipop sticks
Cotton Candy Buttercream Frosting
- 3/4 cup (6 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups (322g) powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cream or half and half, then more as needed
- 1/2 tsp cotton candy flavor, or to taste (1 tsp vanilla can be substituted)
- To make the mini cotton candy decoration, take pieces of cotton candy and shape into desired size (compacting as little as possible to keep it nice and fluffy), then take a lollipop stick, rinse top of stick under water (this just helps the cotton candy stick) then insert stick into bottom of cotton candy. Repeat to make 12. Once cupcakes are cool frost with cotton candy frosting and insert a mini cotton candy stick into each (note that the cotton candy will begin to shrink after about 30 – 60 minutes depending on how humid or hot it may be so wait to make and add decoration until nearly ready to serve).
Cotton Candy Frosting Directions
- In an the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip butter until pale and fluffy.
- Mix in cream, cotton candy flavor and powdered sugar (adding additional cream 1 tsp at a time as needed).
- Whip until light and fluffy, tint with pink or blue food coloring if desired.
Special Thanks To CookingClassy For Recipe Posting & Image Screenshots.